Hello, my friends and readers. Today, I am going to start new season of Constraint Layout 2.0 ( What the hell is this ) Season 2. Those who are new on my website, or you are new to Constraint Layout. I will strongly recommend you to check my first season of Constraint Layout.
- Constraint Layout ( What the hell is this )
- Constraint Layout Concepts ( What the hell is this )[ (Tips and Tricks) Part 2 ]
- Constraint Layout [Animations | Dynamic Constraints | UI by Java] (What the hell is this)[Part3 ]
- Constraint Layout Visual [Design] Editor ( What the hell is this )[Part4]
In case you are comfortable with Constraint Layout 1.0, and you are only interested in exploring Constraint Layout 2.0. Then you can skip season 1.
In season 2, I will do my best to share with you what I know, or in case I will share with you something wrong please correct me in comments. I will do update my mistake as early as possible.
We will explore all the new APIs between version 1.1 and 2.0-beta. In case if I need some help from old API’s I will do explain those API also. Like I am sure in my second part, I will use Barrier API, but I know sometimes that confuses with Guideline. So we do a comparison between these two APIs and we know Barrier is added in 1.1 and Guideline already available in 1.0.
Second, after learning the basic concepts, we will do some real-world examples. So we can grab the original power of that API. Sometimes I face the issue as I know about the API concept, but I am not able to use in my production code due to lack of real-world scenarios. For that, we will do a lot of examples. So we can use in our production code base.
- Barrier API ( v1.1 )
- What is Barrier API
- Comparison between Guideline and Barrier API
- Scenarios in which we can use Barrier API
- ConstraintProperties and ConstraintsChangedListener ( v2.0 )
- Group ( v1.1 )
- What is Group API
- Scenarios in which we can use Group API
- Placeholder ( v1.1 )
- What is Placeholder API
- Scenarios in which we can use Placeholder API
- Flow ( v2.0 )
- What is Flow API
- Scenarios in which we use Flow API
- Layer ( v2.0 )
- What is Layer API
- Scenarios in which we can use Layer API
- ImageFilterButton, ImageFilterView and MockView ( v2.0 )
- What are these APIs
- Scenarios in which we can use these APIs
- Motion Layout ( v2.0 )
- [ Will update later. Here we have a lot of new APIs ]
Once we know all these APIs, we will be master of Constraint Layout 2.0 concepts. After that, it depends upon individuals, how much they will do practice to be a master of Constraint Layout 2.0.
In the end, I know in this part, we learn nothing related to Constraint Layout 2.0. The primary intention of this part is to help those friends or community members who are scared after Google I/O 2019. There are a lot of new things which we need to learn to update our self and meet the requirement of Android development. Now, in case I am not able to publish these tutorials on time. You guys already have the simple course outline. Only you need to manage your time, for example. I will say I will give 2 hours per day to Constraint Layout. Now there is a total of 8 APIs which you need to explore. You can search on Google by the name of API as I mentioned in the outline and in 16 hours you will be good with Constraint Layout 2.0. It’s not mean you will be pro, but I am sure you are not more afraid of the new concepts.
By the way, Motion Layout may take some extra time but all other APIs you can learn quickly in 1-2 hour per day.
I hope I explain my intention for this part. Now, its time to start work on the second part for that I want to say Bye. See you in the next post.